Echo Model#: PB403

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass_cuttin_fool, Sep 28, 2003.

1. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Does anyone use this???? Is it a good blower or what??? Any suggestions.

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

decent, obviously the 603 and 650 and their 750(i think) are alot better. next year im gonna get 2) 650's

3. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

I've just ordered one (PB 403) from my dealer. It's on a backorder so I dont know when I'll get it. Echo had a $50 discount on these units and I'm getting it for $299. If I compare prices of similar units (they are all in the $350-$370 price range) I think I got some value for money and that is what I always shop for.

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

yeah that is a good deal i was checking home depot and they are $349 and no mention of the 50 bux rebate

5. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

There was a full page color ad on the backpage of the Grounds & Maintenance Mag, Aug 2003 edition. I showed that to my dealer and they honored the discounted price advertized there. If you can lay your hands on one of those copies it might help you.
    Good Luck
    PC

6. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

my dealer can get me the 403 at 285 and then the 603 at $375 i believe. talk them down

7. NCSERVICE

NCSERVICE LawnSite Member

I would strongly suggest you purchase a 650 and not a 403. 403 is very under powered

8. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 403 and it does fine for blowing off drives and general sidewalks etc. Probably not the best for leaves but i'm happy with it. :)

9. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i have there older units which i think is the same as that one just a different model number PB4600 they work okay for clean up after mowing lawns.my 750 is much more powerful