Echo mosquito yard shield

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by fritowrdo, Sep 29, 2013.

1. fritowrdo

fritowrdo LawnSite Fanatic

Looking for something for mosquitos around my yard and my dealer is trying to sell me the Echo moquito yard shield attachment for my Echo PB-251 for at cost.

Any one use it and like it?

Thanks

2. CarolinaWater.org

CarolinaWater.org LawnSite Member

I personally don't like it. Its a discontinued item, you can find a brand new kit on ebay with free shipping for less than 30bucks. I think all the dealers are trying to clear out the remaining stock. If your planning on just using it for your home for the occasional outdoor party/bbq then it may be an ok unit. I spray mosquitoes professionally & use the Stihl SR450 & just recently the new Stihl SR200, they both apply chemical at a consistent rate & can empty out 2.5-3.5 gallons in about 7min because the tank is pressurized. The Echo kit is gravity fed out of a 1/4 hose, it takes forever to empty the tank & is only good to a spray height of about 3ft because higher than that & you loose all flow. The chemical for it is expensive, has a strong odor, & hard to find, plus it only lasts for about a week if it doesn't rain.

I would save the money & call a professional licensed pest control company or consider one of the other box store do it yourself spray products such as the garlic mosquito barrier & apply in a back pack pump sprayer. Hope that helps!