Echo oil in my New Redmax blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by soloscaperman, Mar 24, 2008.

1. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I have Echo PowerBlend Xtended life premium synthetic oil that I got about 6 months ago is it good for my Red Max EZB8001 its brand new and the oil is a 50:1 mix Thanks guys.

2. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I would run the redmax mix oil in it if it were me. I have had some of my Redmax stuff 5 years and all I have ever used was the redmax 50:1 mix. The synthetic is so expensive. If you run it long enough you have enough money in the oil mix to buy a new 2 cycle piece of equipment. To answer you question if its 50:1 then I would think it would work great. A mower friend of mine uses the Shindaiwa mix oil in his Stihl handhelds.

3. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, it is fine.

4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

both 50:1 with the same spec requirements. Same goes for husqvarna oil.

5. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

If anyone ask, say you use Redmax oil!!!!:laugh:

Echo is good oil. You can get it in Home Crapot. JASO FD, synthetic blend. What not to like.

6. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

We have found the Echo oil to be the best out there...we use it in all of our equipment (Echo trimmers, blowers etc. and Stihl saws) with no problems at all...and the price is very competitive at my local dealer

7. yungman

from Calif.

I saw your description of your equipments and yourself. Be strong, work hard. My ex-wife family in the 70's thought I was a bump also. I was just lost, I worked hard, I came through. Just set your goal and go for it. In doubt, work harder.:clapping:

I don't know you....but.....hey!!!! Good luck.

8. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Echo oil is all I use for all of my small equipment and I have never had a problem and its also cheaper than some of the other brands out there.

9. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

i don't want to start a flame but how did you find this out without running different oil in separate but the same equipment side by side. seems like you are reaching since both are synthetic. By the way i use echo also.

10. yungman

from Calif.

I think most oil are good enough. Particular JASO FC or FD. I had beat this subject to death again and again already. There is a guy HenryB here actually use Walmart 2 cycle on his 4Mix engine and have good luck with it!!!!:laugh:

Echo is JASO FD, so, just enjoy!!:waving: