echo or husqavarna backpack? what should I buy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by landscape, Apr 28, 2008.

1. landscape

landscape LawnSite Member

there is a big price difference but I want to know what is better overall?:confused:

2. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Get the Redmax ebz8001 this thing will out do any bp blower out there.

3. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Husqvarna is Redmax!!! Husky bought out Redmax!!!

Don't quote me, but my understanding is 180BT=Redmax 8001, 170BT= 7001, 150Bt is another Redmax. Someone here knows better, join in!!

I think they are all very very good. I am looking at Echo PB755 because it is not as loud compare to Redmax 7001. Minor Minor difference. I think the biggest Husky/Redmax is stronger....over 70cc engine.

4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

you can't compare prices unless you list models.

Husky does own redmax and the 180b models are the same as the ebz8001 models, with different plasic engine guard, fuel tank, straps and back pad.

It's available in a tube throttle now, and frame throttles will be available June 1st.

The 170 is an ebz7001 in a redmax. More comparable in price, weight, and power to the echo pb755.

All 3 are great blowers. Can't go wrong.

5. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

i had the same husqavarna 155bt for 8 years now. used it as a full time backpack for all 8 of those years and its still running strong. a little duct tape here and a zip tie there but i'm really proud of it.

6. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a starting problem with my husky after two years and it is taking quite a few pulls to start. Maybe this is happening cause of old age??

7. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

You or the Husky??!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

we run all echo 2 stroke equipment.....blowers we have 3 pb620's and they are great

9. tinkz71

tinkz71 LawnSite Member

I have and Echo PB 650 and it is a hoss. All my power tools are echo and they have yet to let me down.

10. BentleyOutdoors

BentleyOutdoors LawnSite Member

I second this Echo all the way