1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

echo or Husqvarna edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nathan101, Jul 31, 2006.

1. nathan101

nathan101 LawnSite Member
    from florida

i was looking into buying an edger.something for only 4-6 lawns a week and thats if they pay to have it done. i was looking at the echo ECHO PE200 with 21cc engine and the Husqvarna edger that lowes sell.doesnt say the model number but is on there website.it has a 28cc engine with metal covering over the blade.echo has a plastic covering.just wanted to know witch one will do the job
  2. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

I have no experience with the two you mentioned, but I'd recommend you take a look at the Stihl FC55 for the occasional use you mention.
  3. nathan101

from florida

are you sure its $220 because that seems cheap for and edger with a 27cc engine
  4. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Thats because its an ocasional use edger. I go with the Stihl I had the fs-45(same engine) for a year using it commercialy, had good power and that price sounds right.
  5. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Step up a little and get the Echo PE-230.

Much heavier duty than anything else mentioned and only $299.

Spend a little extra money and get the good commercial Echo...you'll love it for years and years!
  6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i agree with the above post -i have used the 200 echo and its underpowered. the husky you mentioned looks cheaply made and its a new model and diff from my huskys which are great. the 230 is a great edger for the $ and a proven product and preformer
  7. nathan101

from florida

thanks guys for all the help.i will proubly get the echo 230.