Echo or Maruyama??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowing Freak, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

I don't want to know about all the other trimmers available as these 2 brands are about the only ones available in my area that I am interesed in. Of the dealer sold lines, there are maybe a total of 4 brands available in my area. I was wondering between Echo and Maruyama, which one may be the best. I currently use Echo, but a mower dealer just started selling Maruyama and happens to be 15 miles closer than the echo dealer. I have been told (not by the dealer) that Maruyama is comparable if not better than Echo. Just wondering what your experience may be?
  2. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

I've used *********...oops I mean a mayrayama weedeater, and echos, and of the two I'd go for the echo. They seem to hold up well to commercial use, with little problems. The mayrayama ( and I know I am spelling it totally wrong) didn't seem to hold up as well, it was finicky. Just my $2.
  3. ipm

ipm LawnSite Senior Member

Maruyama sheers are very good. We use the double sided Maruyama, and extended Stihl. All are fairly light weight. I have an easier time with the extended sheer, because they balance out better. The only time you have a problem is in tight corners, or up against a house. 2c
  4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never used mayrayama but, I really like echo but, not as much as STIHL.
  5. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I've had both and Maruyama is all I use now. For me there is far fewer trips to the shop for service and they seem to run very well. My dealers service is great too. Echo might be a good product, just seemed like the dealer for that line couldn't ever get it to run properly for more than a week at a time. I'm happy with my switch to Maruyama.
  6. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I've had good luck out of Echo trimmers and blowers but I am willing to try something new.A trimmer has to feel good to you,DEMO both!!;)
  7. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have all marjiuana blowers,trimmers & edgers....they are all sitting in the corner of the shop and robin equipment is on the truck. The ********* equipment is VERY finiky....dosent like starting in cold weather the blower back straps fray and break easy, Plastic fades super quick, anything plastic will crack,break gouge out heck the motors are strong if you could just get them to run. I like echo if you had to choose between the two listed BUT I use all quite and powerfull...light & cheaper.
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We have used Echo blowers, trimmers, hedge clippers, etc. for the past 8 or 9 years now. They hold up quite well I real complaints I know of.
  9. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I have Echo and Maruyama trimmers. The Maruyama is about 8 years old and it starts on the first try. One of the Echos I purchased last year, will not start until the fifteenth pull.