1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo or Redmax

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by no1knosme12203, Feb 12, 2006.

1. no1knosme12203

no1knosme12203 LawnSite Member

Looking into buying my first set of commercial lawn equipment this year! I plan to get the 21" Toro Commercial Self-Propelled ( no yards I cut need more than this). As for the backpack blower,edger, and trimmer, I am not sure whether to go with the Echo or the Redmax. Please give me your opinions on both.

2. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

For the backpack blower Id go with the Redmax or a Sthil

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO echo makes great equipment ,i have 2 echo 751 backpack blowers and man do they work great,i also have echo trimmers, edgers,and hedgetrimmers.i cant compare it to redmax because i have never used redmax but i have heard alot of good stuff about redmax so i woud say both are good and you should just go with the one that is close to you for service purposes.
  4. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I used to be a echo loyalist, I have a backpack and trimmer that are 8 years old still running strong. But, I have bought some redmax equipment and I really have liked its power and quality build.
  5. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

All Echo products here and very happy with them!

The big thing is good quality but it needs to be backed up by excellent dealer support. The Echo dealer support in my area is the best!
  6. no1knosme12203

no1knosme12203 LawnSite Member

The dealer I am looking at has both Echo and Redmax and does the work for both. I am leaning more towards the Redmax after reading up on them! what do you all think of the Toro 21" Commercial Self-Propelled with the Kawasaki Engine?

7. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

8. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Echo, i have an echo pb751 i love it!!
  9. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Go with the stihl 4-mixes for trimmer, edger and redmax for the bp blower.