Echo or Shindaiwa blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by landcruiser, Nov 13, 2001.

1. landcruiser

landcruiser LawnSite Member
    from Tx

As a homeowner I need a blower to use once a week for 30 minutes or so. I have owned Echo PB2100's and they worked fine and satisfied me. They are $150 most anywhere but is the Shindaiwa model similar to the PB2100 at $200 worth the 50 extra dollars?

2. andyslawns

andyslawns LawnSite Member

hey stick with the 2100's they are awsome i am currently using two of them and you cant turn it down at $
    150 a pop.

3. Dochere

Dochere LawnSite Member

You say that you have owned the echo, for how long. At a homeowner level they should just about last forever, at least for a long time. Maybe that should tell you something if it has not lasted very long.

The echos stats are:

21.2cc
    135mph
    300cfm
    8.8lbs

The shins:

24.0cc
    166mph
    307cfm
    9.3lbs

You will notice that the Shin will move grass clippings faster and further that the echo, but if it were leaves and such, they will perform about the same. As far as how long they'll last? My moneys on the Shin.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with the Shin also.

5. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

you are comparing apples and oranges. The comparable Echo blower to the Shindaiwa is the PB 230LN, not the PB 2100. The 230LN is a 160 mph blower with 365 cfm at the end of the tube. It sells for abut $200. Shindaiwa does not have a blower comparable to the PB 2100.

6. the point man

the point man LawnSite Member

My PB2100 has given me hundreds of hours of great service,
    even though I've been lax about mainteance at times. Great
    little blower, and not overly loud.

7. landcruiser

landcruiser LawnSite Member
    from Tx

Thanks for the "heads up". I really didn't realize that Echo had a blower more comparable to the Shin's.