Echo or Sthil Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, May 2, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Well, i need a new edger and trimmer and blower. I have 20lawns a week, takes me 8hrs as it is right now. Im going to buy a new edger and trimmer tommarow, the echo trimmer is $200 and the echo edger is $200. I was wondering if sthil was anybetter, and if so, what about it.... otherwise i will get the 2 echos...

then hopefully next month or SOONER i will get a new mower and backpack blower, execpt for the fact that i dont really want to spend $400 on a freaking Blower!... i dont mind spending alot on a mower, cause itll be used more then a blower...

Im going tommarow after noon to the shop to buy a new edger and trimmer, so please let me know..

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Which trimmer and edger are you looking at? I use both Echos and Stihls and don't think I paid under $300 or $350 for any of them. Are you looking at the commercial series? BTW... to answer your question, I like the Echo's better then the Stihl's but that's JMO (of course others are going to disagree).

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i cant remember the exact model numbers. this place i go to is strictly commerical and have very good products. they have anything from the 200$ edgers and trimmers to 500 trimmers... i think im just going to the the 200 edger, and 200 trimmer, and ill see how that works out, and if itll last me a year or so, then ill be happy, and if not, then ill step up a few notchs ;)

please keep the suggestions rolling in :) ty