1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Echo or Stihl to run a power sweep attachment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Teff's Lawn & Snow, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Teff's Lawn & Snow

Teff's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Member

Any comments on which to get? The stihl KM110R with the power sweep attachment or the echo pas 260 with the pro padle. Anyone using the echo, stihl or other brand?

2. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl works fine

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have the Stihl. I bought the sweeper and then the stickedger head, or vice-versa. It's the FS85 unit. It works graet, however, all my trimmers are Echo, and I absolutely love them . Echo just came out with that paddle unit, recently. All they offered before was the bristles and a dethatcher for their units. Either one you decide is certainly going to be an asset.

4. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

stihl is pretty good. just got mine last week. I found more uses than i thought i had for it

5. Teff's Lawn & Snow

Teff's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Member

Thank's for the input, seems everyone has been using the Stihl, the echo seems pretty new for people to give opioins on.

6. competitiveimageland

competitiveimageland LawnSite Member

ide stick with the stihl
    ive had nothing but problems with echo "junk" they have got to be the hardest starting trimmers ive ever owned and the triimer head design is crap

7. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I have never had problems with any echo equipment...

8. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I use the shindaiwa. Kicks butt.

9. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

i agree with cnyscapes get a shindaiwa, we have two of them and they are great.

10. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an Echo 2400 split-boom w/ several attachments. One of my attachments is the bristle broom and it works excellent. Echo builds great equipment and it seems to get a real bad rep on this forum.