echo or stihl

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puregreen345, Feb 11, 2006.

1. puregreen345

puregreen345 LawnSite Member

im looking to buy a new trimmer and blower, the trimmer for around 250-300 and pretty cheap handheld blower around 150, which brand is more efficient and comfortable to use echo or stihl? thanks

2. lawnman79

lawnman79 LawnSite Member

Ive used both brands for many years, and have found that Stihl makes a better blower, and that echo trimmers work much better.

I just bought a new one of each of those and am very happy with them.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'm taking Stihl for both... EVERY TIME!

4. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

All Echo equipment here and we are very happy with them all.

Stihl does make a nice hand held blower but I hate their trimmers!

5. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have used both. From what i have used i would go with a sthil trimmer. yes they are a little bit heavier than the echo but they start soooo much easyer and the throtle responce is so much chrisper on the sthil than the echo. Now as far as blowers go i would have said echo if you are going to be needing a powerful blower but since you are looking at a cheap hand held one then i would say get it from the same place you get your trimmer. They are both about the same and why not just stay with the same company that your trimmer is with to make it easyer to buy and to get fixed if you need them both fixed at the same time. Who knows maybe the dealer will even give you a % off since you bought more than one piece of equipment off of him at the same time.

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have always used Echo blowers but I am thinking about trying the Stihl 550 or 600 this year.

7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Stihl//Stihl for me

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Make sure to get the 600

9. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

here we go.. look at all the posts before mine and both say go with the echo or stihl... to tell you the truth i have owned both brands and about 10 of each i buy new hand held equipment every year.. echo's start easier for sure no doubt at all.. stihls have a little more power. echos have a better feel. out of the 2 i prefer stilh, but both are awesome equipment. you can go wrong with either. go buy the one that feels good to you and is in your price range then you got the right one for sure. you can go wrong..:blob4:

10. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

to add to this. this season i bought a husqvarna and a kawasaki trimmer and i am gonna buy 2 echo blowers yet thats the hand held ones.