echo or stihl

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by foo569, Jun 21, 2001.

1. foo569

foo569 LawnSite Member

I was just wandering about your opinions on stihl and echo .what brand do you prefer , what is better quality and durability . i am debating on what to buy cause i hate redmax, they are way to overpriced.

Jonathan Kiwacz

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Echo or Stihl what? Red Max is not overpriced in my opinion, you get what you pay for as far as the blowers go! Echo & Stihl are toys compaired to Red Max or Shindaiwa. However I like Sthil trimmers better.

3. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl !

4. foo569

foo569 LawnSite Member

i don't know that is just my opinion about redmax . i've used red max trimmers and did not like them that much i personally really like echo i was just wandering about the stihl trimmers and the eb7000 blower kicks butt.

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I like Sthil trimmers, very good. As for blowers.....all you Sthil guys (I was also) MUST try the Red Max or Shindaiwa before you yell get the BR400, I have one and it's going on the block!

Ray

6. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

Only have ECHO equipment. Trimmmers and blowers. Although my father recently bought a Shindaiwa and I love it!

7. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

All I own and use is Echo, but that's not to say, it is the best out there. Iv'e just had good luck with it, so for now, that's what I will stick with. If I had to choose another brand it would be Shindawai. Mainly because that's what my dealer carries.(Shin and Echo) To me service is just as, or more impotant, than brand choice. Just my opinion.

8. I have run Echo for a long time they have realy taking a beating and kept on running have a Stihl 85 something don't use it to weed eat but have hedge trimmer and chain saw att. but in my area I bought a RedMax it was $30 cheaper than my Echo 2601's i had to try it

as far as blowers RedMax eb7000 can't be touched by anyone!

9. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

i would prefer an echo if u r goign to buy and hedge trimmer but i'd say sthil pprobably makes better blowers.

10. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

I have had an Echo trimmer for 12 years. I will proably buy a Stihl next but that is only because I want to do one stop shopping. My Toro Dealer carries Stihl and Husky so for that reason I will most likely purchase a stihl. Plus he is a great dealer. Look for someone you can depend on service wise and go with them.