Echo PAS-260 trimmer????

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jbone, Apr 14, 2006.

1. jbone

jbone LawnSite Member

Well Ive been looking around at getting some equipment and was wondering if anyone had this or something similar? Its seems like a handy tool as you can get attachments for many different things (although they are expensive). My main concern is (cost aside) how well will the attachments work? i.e. dethatcher, aerator, hedge trimmer etc. is it worth getting something like this since its multipurpose and the attachments are cheaper than buying dedicated tools to each specific job? Or would I be better off investing in seperate machines to do the job? Im sure the dedicated machines do a better job over all but they are a lot more expensive. Any input would be great.
  2. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the PAS260 head with a chainsaw/hedger/edger attachments. I think that it is a very good piece of equipment to have. I would receomend it for things you dont use all the time. I would buy it along with a dedicated string trimmer. One thing about the hedge trimmer attachment...the unit is very heavy so trimming for a few hours at a time really wears out the arms but you can get used to it.:weightlifter: Good luck.
  3. TripleTsLawnCare

TripleTsLawnCare LawnSite Member

We use the PAS260 with an edger attachement and pole prunner. We only use the edger for a back up. I would recommend but only for light use.
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I have the Stihl Fs-85 with the hedge trimmer attachment and I second that bit about how it really wears you out, I use it more than anything for big bushes where I can't reach, I call it my pole trimmer lol. As for how much I like it, well I bought the Fs-85, installed the attachment and have never used it for anything else so it's my dedicated pole trimmer.
    As for using it, I have a regular hedge trimmer that I use and it saves my back, I wouldn't recommend the attachment for anything except work you don't advertise (in my case, hedge trimming is a sideline but it's advertised). Yeah, it wears you out that bad.
  5. Landscape25

Landscape25 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Along with the chainsaw I got today, I bought a PAS 260 with edger attachment. I really only need it to edge beds and I may get the pole trimmer for palms later on.
  6. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

I just bought my PAS 260 about a month ago, and I have been very pleased with it. So far I have the trimmer and the hedge trimmer for it. Eventually I am probably going to get the chain saw attachment. Like someone said earlier, I would only recommend getting the PAS if you dont plan on using it everyday. It's great for me b/c I use it as a backup trimmer and the long hedge trimmer only for tall bushes (not too often). I couldnt justifu buying it separately, saved some money doing it this way and so far so good. The only really down side that I have heard that makes sense is the fact that if the power source is down, every attachment for it is down, not just 1 equipment. Let's hope that doesnt happen.

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

They are good peices of equipment but like others have stated, I would only purchase it if it the attachments won't be used every day. (like a pole saw, or hedge cutter) For a trimmer however, just buy one out right and maybe keep the PAS for a back-up. I would also buy a hedge cutter and just use the pas for higher bushes or back-up work.