1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo PAS 260

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clc2003, Jun 5, 2006.

1. clc2003

clc2003 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ia

I have an Echo PAS 260 and it runs terrible. I have taken it to the dealer several times and all they do is make excuses, Its the emissions, or bad gas or something else. I am fed up with this dealer and refuse to go back. However, the rest of my echo stuff I like real well and dont know what to do. Other dealers in my area carry Stihl, and Maruyama. I think there might be a Shin dealer but its about 20 min away. Any and all suggestions on what to do or what to buy from now on?
  2. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

check the screen on the exhaust port. or call the echo rep in your area and tell him your dealer sucks and if he wants to sell echo to fix this crap.
  3. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have another Echo dealer in your area? If so, take it to them and ask then to check it out for you. If not, contact Echo (I think there is a 800 number on their catalog) and let them know that you are having problems.

We run several PAS-260 units and a lot of other Echo products and have great success with all of them.

Good luck!
  4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I had a echo pe200 edger and returned it to home depot because the shaft was coming loose from the engine. I'm buying a stihl fs75 next.
  5. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

OK..let's see. You buy the least expensive Echo products available and then you complain when they don't hold up or have enough power??

Try the commercial 26 cc Echo units and you will have much better luck!
  6. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I run two PAS-260 units every day with no trouble at all (and minimal maintenance). As was said...call Echos' Customer Service number.

7. heybruck34

heybruck34 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought an Echo PAS 230 a few years ago and didn't like it. It had the closed guard so it constantly clogged up and just seemed way underpowered. Realizing my mistake, I took it back to my dealer who docked me $30 but gave me a store credit for the rest. Bought a Stihl FC85 and love it. Amazing difference and definitely made the right decision.

My only source of frustration was myself, I understand the dealer doing what they had to do. Wish I hadn't tried to buy something "good enough" and cost myself 30 extra bucks in the process.

Buy the best, cry once when you buy it. Buy cheap, cry every time you use it.

Whoever said that was right on.
  8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What does run terrible mean...won't it rev up, or does it die on idle. How old is the unit? This thing should be easily fixable!! The Echo technical support is excellant ask you dealer if they will send it in to them.