Echo PAS 260

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mac43rn, Feb 23, 2002.

1. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

Just wandering if anyone has used this piece of machineary (or any comparable brand). It has a 26cc engine, and then you can change the different attachments. Wandeing how the edger does. Main use will be edger/trimmer. I already have an echo trimmer, but it is aging. My main concern is for using it as an edger.

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We got 2 of them and 3 2601 trimmers, on the PAS we have articulating and regular hedge trimmers, power pruners, cultivator, edgers and trimmer heads! They work nice. As far as using it as an edger more often thats what there made for.
  3. Downeast

Downeast LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one . I like it so far . The only attachment I have is the string trimmer that came with it .It will be nice if there is a lot of replies here so I can get the scoop on what attachments are good, and what ones are not . I hope all the reviews are good .
  4. fshrdan

fshrdan LawnSite Member

I've used one for 2 yrs now. The 260 starts quicker than my Stihls and has remained strong. I use it primarily as an edger. I also have the hedge trimmers and the power pruner.

The hedge trimmers are pretty good. They don't have the speed of RedMax handhelds, but they do make tall or deep shrubbery easier to reach. Also they run a little cleaner, so you don't have that hedge trimming stench on your clothes all day, and you don't have to hold your breath while trimming.

I jut got the power pruners last week, and I pruned 28 large crape myrtles in 3 hours. That's unheard of without this kind of tool. Well worth the money. You can stand flat footed and prune branches 12 feet up. It's a very nice tool.

The only gripe I have with the system is that the flex shaft will fall out if inverted. So you have to keep a plastic cap on the attachments that aren't being used, or you'll lose the shaft. I've had to replace one that I've lost. They need to come up with some kind of keeper to hold the shafts in place.
  5. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

i have the 260 pas with trimmer, edger, and hedge trimmer. this unit is good however i have had many problems with the engine. i have about 200 hrs of use on it and it leaks through the air intake valve, some days it wont start some days it will other times it will just die. i only have only recently been having troubl with it and it was off waranty and dealer is out of commercial lawn biz(only dirtbikes). the trimmer head is prone to problems. i took it apart to put a blade on the it was all stripped. the blade does not fit on the machine. the screw holding the trimmer line was the stripped screw and my other echo dealer said hes never seen anything like it. seems i got a lemon. i bought the edger to edge and find myself just flipping over the trimmer. the edger is only good to reline the property in spring other than that it hardly gets used. this machine has saved me the cost of an edger, trimmer and extended hedge trimmer though and the added maitnence costs. the hedge trimmer is good for high bushes and for the cost of an extended hedge trimmer/pruner and the amount of use they dont get, it was stupid to not get the pas.
  6. Tim Canavan

Tim Canavan LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I just got one with the hedge trimmer attachment and it's great. Life saver. Hint: spray pam on the blades before each use. It will prolong the life of the blades.
    I plan on getting the power pruning and edger attachments. I will keep the trimmers seperate.