Echo PAS attachment advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Canadian GreenScape, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Does anyone know if the PRO PADDLE or the PRO SWEEP works best for spring clean-up (getting rid of gravel on sod and dead grass in lawn) The dethatcher is there but I can only afford one right now and deal with alot of gravel on the lawns every spring. Its going to be hooked to a PAS 230. Thanks if anyone can help me out.

2. Four Season's

Four Season's LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Canadian GreenScape,
    I have used the PRO SWEEP for spring clean-up for a few years now. When I bought mine, Echo didn't make the PRO PADDLE. I use mine mainly for sweeping the sand off the edges of lawns. It works great for that. I have had good luck & its a lot better than raking the sand off by hand. But I cannot speak for the pro paddle because I've never used it before.

by the way is it french speaking where you are?

3. Canadian GreenScape

Thanks for the help, Ive had it with raking too.. anything to make the job easier.
    The French speaking area is 1 hour to the east of here (Moncton) mostly English where I am.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The paddles are nothing short of awesome. These are the ultimate tool for getting gravel out of ditches and out of other grass areas. Try a search, and you'll get alot of good info on these. I didn't even know Echo HAD a paddle out until about a month ago, when someone on here pointed it out to me. I can't believe it took them as long as it did (last year) to bring one out.

5. Canadian GreenScape

Thanks for the help. I ordered the Pro Paddle and the Trimmer head this morning, if it ever stops raining things might have a chance to dry out.. still snow in the woods.

6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I didnt know echo had a pro padle until i read it a few nights ago in turf. I just bought a pas 260 with a pro sweep on christmas...if i knew they had the paddle i probably would have gotten that one instead.

let us know how it works. did you order it online or through a dealer.

7. Canadian GreenScape

Used my Echo Pro Paddle for the first time today, worked like a charm! Pushes everything from sand to twoonie sized rocks with no problems. Quite hard on the back/shouders but sure beats raking.. Gravel was thrown directly into the loader on my JD 4100 for easy removal.

8. Four Season's

Four Season's LawnSite Member
    from Maine

thats good to hear Canadian GreenScape, I am thinking of buying the paddle for next year