Echo PAS Series! Feedback wanted

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by southerntide, May 17, 2014.

1. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Alabama

What is the weight of the 280 by chance do you know? It was not listed on Echo spec sheet I found

2. Blanks landscaping

Blanks landscaping LawnSite Member

Look on Craigslist I got the pas 266 with 5 attachments and a echo handheld blower for 500 it was all less than a year old used a handful of times and new it was like 1330

3. southerntide

Male, from Alabama

It always slim pickings near my area on there to far away from the big cities

4. beaureguard

beaureguard LawnSite Member

The 280 is 10.8lbs

I have 2 280's and 1 260
    3 Rapid Load Trimmer Heads
    1 Articulating Hedge Trimmer
    1 Pole Pruner
    2 Brush Cutters
    1 Power Sweeper
    1 Blower
    1 3' Extension
    1 Power Edger

I love these units. I have people tell me that the 280 w/Trimmer is heavy. But I have used them for over 2 years now and I don't feel that they are. They do have plenty of power for what ever you want to throw at them.

5. vegandude

vegandude LawnSite Senior Member

Not to long ago I started a thread asking for opinions of the power rake attachment and only got one reply. Anybody on this thread have one and if so what are your thoughts

6. Lyon

Lyon LawnSite Member

You might think about having the guys at shop or you cutting down an old trimmer. I I mean some one landed a limb on my old 230 it sat in shed for about 4 years then I brought it to shop and ordered the parts made it a pas works fine I use the edger and hedge trimmer don't bother with the pole saw just go for the echo power pole saw its great I've got the hedge attach for that too! I think the pas adapter cost me installed 175 ?

7. southerntide

Male, from Alabama

I tried a 266 and a 280 the other day when I had to replace my SRM210 head amazing machines, when I get new mower getting the 280 and all but 2 of the attachments.

I'm using the the lower attachment from the PAS as a head on my 210 right now the stock is sitting put up indoors waiting on the upper 280.

Thanks for all the input!

8. OakTreeLawnCareNixaMO

OakTreeLawnCareNixaMO LawnSite Member
    from USA

Are The Tiller Attachment's Any Good? Durable? Long Lasting?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Works great in small areas abd beds.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. chachi1984

chachi1984 LawnSite Member

iam not a fan of the speed feed head