Echo PAS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by birddog, Feb 16, 2001.

1. birddog

birddog LawnSite Member

Echo has a system called Poweer Attachment Series, I'm sure most of you have heard of it. Does anyone use this system? I have a few hedges that are a pain to do with a ladder and there seems there is always a need for the power pruner. If there are those of you that use it, what are your opinions ? I've heard that when they first came out, they had a few flaws but since then have work the kinks out.
  2. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

I just bought one this winter, haven't got to use it yet. Will have to let you know. Echo is a good product, I have always used Echo.
  3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer talked me out of buying it because he said the constant switching of attachments puts a lot of extra wear on the power unit and increases the chances of getting dirt in the shafts. He said to stick with dedicated machines. Maybe he just wanted to sell me more equipment.LOL
  4. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I've used the Echo PAS sysetm for the past four years as a solo operator. Last year I used it basically as an edger,power pruner, and hedge clipper. The Power Pruner attachment works well for light pruning. The new model has an automatic oiler which would be handy. I bought the hedge clipper attachment last year. I liked it so well that I hardly used my HC 1500 hedge clipper.They've just come out with an articulating hedge clipper attachment for $90 more but might be worth it.
  5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Boy TJLC, talk about opposites. I was ready to buy multiple units but my dealer talked me out of it and sold me the PAS!
  6. birddog

birddog LawnSite Member

Thanks for the response, I figured it would have it's pro's and cons. It seems that the ones that have used are quite satisfied.