Echo PAS260/PAS265

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimmyStew, May 24, 2008.

1. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

Is there any real difference between these two models? have a PAS260 right now and was looking to place a second into service. According to Echo specs, the only real differences are a smaller fuel tank, more weight and i-30 starting technology.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am going out on a limb....but I think the 260 has the old two stroke with two rings and the 265 has a slightly modified engine with one ring. Echo claims more power and more reliable with 265.

3. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

the 265 has the Power Boost Vortex engine as has already been said. Also, the handles may be different on the 265. I haven't put my hands on a 260 yet, but I know the 265 has an enlarged rubberized handle that is much easier to edge with and operate with a gloved hand, and very comfortably at that.

4. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used both? Any noticeable differences between them. Any ideas on costs for each. I know I paid $280 for the 260 power head back in '06.

5. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Sure. . . the 265 is orange.

:waving:

6. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

The 265 power head is like $350 I think. Everything is more expensive these days....

7. magbarn

magbarn LawnSite Member

It's definately more comfortable to use & a little more powerful, but not too happy about the very noticeable (sorry I'm a wimp at the end of the day) 2lb weight increase. My local dealer had both the 260 & 265. The 265 was $350. The 260 was on clearance for $288. Guess which one I took home for backup?

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

the 265? LOL :) j/k
    Does the 260 give you the ability to use attachments or is it straight stick?

9. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I've got 2 of the 260's and think they're just great. One of the powerheads is about 4 yrs old and I've have had no problems with it. I can swap out the various attachments in about 20 seconds and keep on working.

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

after looking on their site, I realize they do come as a power head. I'll have to keep my eyes open alittle more.