1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo PB-260L any good?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Jun 11, 2001.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Was thinking about getting a backpack blower. My lawns a real small, don't really it on them, but looking to take on a couple slightly larger lawns soon.
    Don't have a bunch of money to spend so was thinking about the Echo PB-260L that I see on e-Bay all the time pretty cheap.
    Are these any good? Did a search on here, came up with nothing. Taking that as a bad sign.
  2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Just wanted to bring this back to the top. I'd like to get a second bp blower. I would just get another Poulan Pro but the price seems to have gone up a bit on e-bay (probably 'cause I keep mentioning it here! lol!).
    Always see these Echos cheap on e-Bay. Any good for a backup (and for the occasional helper)?
  3. casey

casey Guest

It's light & quiet. That's the best that can be said for it. You'd be better off with a good handheld for that power.
  4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

gogetter that unit sells for around 300 it has around 375cfm and air speed of 155mph which will work fairly well for your small lawns,but I would go ahead and get the pb603 for just around 90bucks more you get 58.2cc and 535cfm at tube-end which will work well for your larger jobs when you expand. Youll get your money back with just a few clean-ups and youll always have the power youll need. Marks Mowing Service
  5. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

The dealer I usually buy from sells the Echo for $260, but IMO, the money would be better spent on a unit like the Redmax EB4300 for less than $100 more, or just spend less on a hand held unit.
  6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

casey: I figured there must be a reason it's so inexpensive.

Mark, eslawns: thanks for the input guys, but I just can't spend the bigger money at this time and since I only wanted it as a backup and rarely for a helper (very rarely), I wanted to go with something less expensive.

Looks like I'm going with another Poulan Pro! I know some guys scoff at them but I think it's just a knee jerk reaction because they're sold at Lowes. I doubt most of the nay sayers have even tried one.

Thanks all.
  7. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

I think I'm gonna go with an Echo PB-650 for next year....mmmm....power....

8. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

If you're going to use it as a backup or spare, why not just get a good handheld? BTW, you're right, I have not used a Poulan, Pro or otherwise. They are the homeowner line for Husqvarna, on a par with Homelite. If you ever use a Redmax, you'd throw rocks at a Poulan.
  9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

eslawns, I think guys get too caught up in the whole Tim the toolman Tayler power thing....ooh, AAH, AAAH!

90% of the time I'm blowing little harmless grass clippings off of a sidewalk! I'm not blowng bricks! :)

And I do have a handlheld Shin, but then there is that 10% of the time when I do need to move leaves. Which my Poulan Pro does very well. No complaints.

But thanks for your input. I appreciate it.
  10. luv of green

luv of green LawnSite Member

you have to spend money to make money,commercial grade will sell you over time and experience