Echo PB-400E????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Alanky, Jun 19, 2001.

1. Alanky

Alanky LawnSite Member

I just got a beat up echo PB-400E back pack blower. It had fallen off the back of a trailer and is a little banged up. It had broke the spark plug off and cut the wire. that was the only major damage. The guy told me to take it and if i could get it running and was happy with it he would take about $80-$100 for it. I made a new plug wire for it and it started and runs fine, but needs some carb adjustments. So should is it a good deal?? should I go for it? It has hardly any hours on it because it fell 3 days after he got it and he just bought another one to replace it.
  2. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

go for it. if it is a bad one you'll learn. if it is a good one, same. Dave g
  3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I got one. the carb adjs. are no big deal. do it!

4. echo pb400E. the heavy, orange, metal one. good machines. definatley take it. just have a spare with you for those days when you are gonna be back pack blowing for a while. they get real heavy when doing leaf cleanups. but for not even 100 bucks and 3 days old. you would be a fool not to take it.
  5. Fallguy

Fallguy LawnSite Member

i bought one because my friend had one and he had a brand new husky as well - the one thing that surprised me is that it blew harder than the husky and was about 3 years older and had been knocked off the trailer on more than one occasion - its in great shape still and its been 2 years later. i cant imagine a stronger blower - youll be very satisfied