Echo PB 403 or Echo PB 603??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jajwrigh, May 11, 2004.

1. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I need some feedback from those who currently use one or both of these products!

PB 403:
    $299.99
    44cc 175mph 380 cfms@pipe

PB 603:
    $399.99
    58.2cc 190mph 535 cfms@pipe

How do they compare with fuel consumption? Is the 603 noticeably stronger? Let me know...

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I asked my dealer if the 603 is noticeably stronger than the 403, and he said there wasnt a big difference. I on the opther hand dont speak from experience, I just own a 650. But i'm gonna buy a 403 in a few more weeks though. Or maybe just a handheld.

3. jajwrigh

Is this new purchase decision have something to do with fuel economy??

4. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

No, but my 650 is great for cleanup, and moving dirt after some nasty projects, but its so much power just to blow grass. It also weighs 31 lbs too, I would like to get something a little lighter, but using less fuel isnt really a concern. I mean getting a new blower I might save 15 bucks a year, big deal. But I want something a little lighter, and I want to save my 650 for cleanups, plus I want to get a second blower for my employee.

5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a new 603 and it's stronger than the pb400e's of old but not as strong as the 650. But if you're serious about doing this $100 is negligible compared to the time savings that will accumulate over the years of use. The 603 is noticeably lighter than the 650, so it's now my main mower for use when just mowing. If I was doing leaf cleanup I'd go for max power.

Check ebay on the 403's. They were pretty cheap earlier this year there.

6. jajwrigh

I just bought a 603 and I am thrilled with this machine! I has used it twice today to clean up damp grass clippings and it does it so effortlessly!! I am glad I did not go with any less power...plus I ended up getting a good deal on this one!