Echo pb-403

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by TRX250R, May 23, 2005.

1. TRX250R

TRX250R LawnSite Member
    from RI

I was wondering how these perform. I do landscaping part time and need a decent back pack to blow off a couple of thick lawns I cut, I need something a little more powerful the my hand held. (Which is a stihl BG-65)

Is this a good blower,(the echo) or should I spend the extra $ for the something bigger.

Also who has better blowers for the money Stihl or Echo. I went w/ the Stihl hand held cause it was cheaper and had more power. Is that the same w/ the backpacks. Thanks for any input.

2. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 403 and I like it. Could be a little more powerful for blowing thick matted leaves, but for general use it's pretty good. Blows hard surfaces off as good as any blower. Great gas economy, over 2 hours at full throttle on a tank ( 59 fluid oz I think). It will work fine for blowing grass in a lawn. Mine has been very reliable. I've had it almost a year and it's only let me down one time when the carb got some trash in it. Took about 15 min to fix at the dealer. Stihl vs Echo? ford vs. chevy? intel vs. amd? it's 6 or a half dozen. stihl is a great brand, but echo actually has the bigger blowers.