Echo PB 603

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by DLCS, Sep 23, 2006.

1. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I rebuilt the carb on my Echo 603 and now it will not start at all. I have spark and the plug is getting wet. Any ideas?

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe you put the two gaskets associated with opening the needle in the wrong positions. Those are easy to mix up. One of the gaskets has the alumn nub that actuates the level to open the needle. Long shot.

3. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Your plug getting wet or excessive fuel is your problem. Check what Ed mentioned and also make sure the needle lever itself is not set too high.

4. DLCS

Ok finally got some time to work on it today. The needle is set and the two gaskets are in the right place. I did get it to fire up and run but only wide open throttel and it was real boggy and no power. I'm confused and more suggestions?

5. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you also install a new intank fuel filter(Walbro 125-528), and have you checked for carbon?

6. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

tell us what it was doing before you rebuilt it?

you've had it apart twice now and maybe more to come. it might just save you time and money to buy a new one?

7. DLCS

No carbon and no I haven't installed a new fuel filter yet.

8. DLCS

I couldn't keep it running more than a few seconds and it when it would run it acted like it was bogged down. You mean a new carb? Any idea how much a new carb runs?

9. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

your original problem sounded like a fuel line leak,primer bulb crack or fuel filter. a new carb should be in the 50 to 75 range.

10. DLCS

Well got it running today adjusted the high end screw, now she screams but I can't get it to idle. LOl