Echo pb 603

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HLC, Feb 28, 2002.

1. HLC

HLC LawnSite Member

I submitted a post a few days ago about Robin b/p blowers but didn't hear too much. At first I was going to purchase it, mainly because of the dealer, but changed my mind. Decided I would just go to get a BR420 but drove 30 miles because the local dealer wouldn't put fuel in his BR420 to let me try out before purchasing. Too bad for him because I would have bought it that day. Anyway, the other Stihl dealer also sold Echo and after comparing the two I decided on the Echo.

The only complaint I have with the Echo is the shoulder straps. If the Echo had the same straps as the Stihl it would be nice.

My question is, Has anyone else noticed this? If so, has anyone done anything to make the straps more comfortable. I was thinking about getting some of those sheep skin pads that you see some folks using on seat belts but don't know if they'll help or not. Thanks for any help.....Joe

2. Yeah I bought Red Max EB7000.

I am not going back to Echo blowers.

3. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

We run the Redmax and Shidaiwa blowers, they will blow the Echo across the parking lot!! We used to run Echo but they were not as powerful and didn't last as long. I think the Sthil is overrated plus in our area there aren't many Stihl dealers.

4. HLC

HLC LawnSite Member

I really wanted to try Shin and Redmax. When I went around to dealers asking about Redmax they just looked at me like I was speaking another language......."Uhhhhhh, uhhhhhh, never heard of them before....." As far as the Shin dealer here, I'll just say that he had NO commercial equipment on hand and the homeowner stuff that he did have had aobut 3 inches of dust on it. I'll keep my other comments about them to myself. I asked him about the TL230 trimmer and he said......"uhhhhhhhh, uhhhhhh I don't think they make a 230, uhhhhhhhh, uhhhhhhh...... So that's why I went the route that I did.

So anyone with any suggestions on the straps? Thanks in advance...Joe

5. Downeast

Downeast LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe you could get some pads off an old back pack . You could tape them on or sew them on . I have the pb603, and dont have any problem with the pads .