Echo PB 650 mounting on trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by djsmokin, Feb 19, 2003.

1. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

Any of you guys have any pictures of a homemade Echo PB650 mounts with locking system on your trailer you can post? I just bought a new PB650 and ordered the Jungle Jim Blower Mate with the PB650 adapter and there is no way it is going to work. The dealer said samething and he called distriburtor and he agreed too, no work.

Adaptor was shown to bolt way high just under the handle on the PB650 and the backside part of the adaptor was mounted into the fan housing and into the strap mounts.

Thanks for your ideas..and pics.
  2. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

we have two pb 603s. we used the jj blowermate did not have any problems with it. bought a redmax eb7001 so then we got the blower pole. picked it up used for 40.00. are there any differences in the way the 650 and the 603 is made?
  3. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

Yes they are different. The 650 has handle that curves away from your head( when you are wearing it). This curve is the problem. I addressed this issue today, again, (I first addressed June 02 when I purchased the blower and a TrimmerTrap rack. Trimmer Trap has an adapter #AK-Echo, that they say does work. have not tried yet.:dizzy:
  4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yes djsmokin, that is the only complaint I have about the 650's. When I built my trailer I made the mounts for my red max blowers. I made a shelf in the front and made hooks for them to go on and have the tube turn around and rest on the shelf. It is a pain to get the 650's on the hook, and the tubes do not turn all the way around. I was thinking of sanding down that little plastic piece on the tube just to make it work. I am with you though, if anyone has perfected a system to work for these I would like to see it as well.
  5. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

Thought I'd bring this back to life to see if there is anymore input on the subject.

Does anyone know if the JJ's adapter works on the 650 or the 750 Echo blowers?
  6. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

That is the whole point of the forum, JJ system they sent me would not work on the PB650.
  7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Does This Help, Gridiron With A PB650.

8. FS Lawn

FS Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Ms