1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo pb 650 running poor after warming up

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by roket77, Mar 29, 2005.

1. roket77

roket77 LawnSite Member

I ran my echo pb650 today and it ran fine for about 45 minutes then it would bog down for a second or two then run normal(this all happens while at full throttle),,,i think i took exhaust screen out so i eliminated that as a problem,,i loosened gas cap for a few minuts to see if it was faulty but thats not it,,,its driving me crazy,,any ideas? any would help,,thanks,,mark
  2. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 LawnSite Member

Check your pick up hose in the tank and the filter that is on it. I have had the filter plug or the hose get stuck up off of the bottom and it acts like it is running out of fuel.
  3. roket77

roket77 LawnSite Member

i dont know hat i did,,but it seemed to help,,i ran it for and hour straight a couple of times and it seemded to do the trick,,hopefully it doesnt happen again,,i think the hose ran up the side from being too long,,thanks for the tip
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Check the fuel filter....pull the line off at the carb and suck on to see if you can easuly pull gas. Don't confuse the purge line.