Echo PB 750 Blower Owners.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by o-so-n-so, Jul 6, 2003.

1. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

What should I expect to pay for this blower?

2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a PB650 last week for $469.00 from my local dealer.

3. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

Don't have one but, just got some prices from my local echo dealer.

650.....$499
    750.....$519

I don't think the 650's were out when I bought my Shindy eb-630. Price for the eb-630 was also $499 in my area.

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

The 750 is $30 more than the 650 at suggested retail prices. You should get it between 500-530. Don't forget, you have to choose hip or tube mounted throttle, there's two different model numbers. I've used both and prefer the tube mounted. Also, the straps alone make it worth the extra money. I liked the straps so much, I bought an extra pair to put on my back pack sprayer.

5. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I'm getting ready to buy the 650 or 750...any other opinions on which one you guys prefer?

6. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

I have two full years on my 650 and have not had a problem with it (hip throttle), talked to my dealer about upgrading to the 750 and he said the difference between machines is minimal, had just attended a dealers show that compared blowers and said that the 750 while more powerful than the 650 it was not that great of an improvement but the 750 is a bit quieter and has a larger air filter. So I would say it is your call as both machines are excellent.
    BobR

7. bushwoods1

bushwoods1 LawnSite Member

I just got the 650 on ebay for $350 w/ hip throttle. It was practically brand new. I would rather have the tube mount throttle, but the price was right. It has great power, and is quieter than my stihl br400. Locally the 650 is going for @ $500 and the 750 goes for @ 550

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

They are the SAME blower!

Gas tank may be an ounce smaller on the 750, and the Airfilter is bigger on the 750, but the 650 blows more cfm than the 750 due to the restrictiveness of the larger arifilter. Other than that, their identical.

I like my 650 air filter. Havent touched it since I got it. Still clean.

Oh, the 750's a tad heavier too, due to the larger air filter.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We have one of each Gar...can't notice any difference in productivity between them. Both are great units, but my employees insist the Redmax 7001 we have is more powerful. I've quit trying to figure out which unit of the 3 is the best. As long as they work, that's all I care.

10. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i bought a 750 w/ tube throttle for $483+tax which brought it to $500. I got $20 off cause i took the floor model which never had a drop of gas in it.