Echo pb-770t review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by peahlybros., Aug 31, 2010.

1. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

I am wondering the same. I'm waiting on mine to get here in 3-5 days. Scheduling all of my cleanups AFTER It gets here lol. I have a Echo pb403t now thats 6 years old still runs good but I'm ready for the chief to get here. The 403 will serve well as secondary for an employee to use on these cleanups. I'm so excited for this dang thing.

2. bel-nor

bel-nor LawnSite Member

I purchased one this month and ...wow what performance. Bought it on a no tax day the Dealer is a great salesman, i looked at it the day befor kinda wanted to do the deal with my regular saleman. I had Echo PB413 (gave to a cousin in the bus. Tuesday) and a PB 500, and the 770T will blow the decals off those. Wish I could afford 1 more for leaf jobs. I will use PB 500 for regular Lawn Care cleanups and try to use the 770Ts for leaf cleanups only...if the 770T doesn't spoil me. Christmas early... thats all I can say!

3. Kartanimal29

Kartanimal29 LawnSite Member
    from Ct.

I love mine

4. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

How is the cold weather starting on the 770? I have pb-255 handheld and it is the most cold blooded echo I own. Also hard to start in very warm weather. I mix 50% 87 oct 100% gas with 50% E10 91 octane so I can get reduced ethanol issues.
    Anyhow wanted to use this for snow removal when conditions warrant use of a blower. If it's cold.blooded....??
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I just used my Echo PB770 today in the leaves and it did very well. A very good blower. Took about 15-20 hours to break in but it's real good now. Fuel economy is also really good. This is definitely one of the better blowers Echo has made.

6. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

I plan on using mine for "some" snow as well.

It was 28 degrees out the other morning.
    without priming......it took four pulls on choke, and went straight to work with no bog down

My old stihl would have not cranked at that temp.

I used crap oil mixed with 91 octane clear premium non oxygenated fuel.
    Now if I can find some good oil and a better plug, I'd be set.

The non oxy fuel was $3.29 pr gallon....I didn't spill a drop.:)

7. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I used my new PB-770 today for the first time. WOW! This thing is impressive--blows leaves far better than my 7 yr old Echo 650.

In September I used Shindaiwa's EB854 on pine straw at my sons house in east central Mississippi. It's an excellent blower too but I would give the edge to Echo's PB-770.

8. Southern Pride

from Memphis

Well I've been using my 770 nonstop the past week. Even on sundays I'll go out and use it on my own property. The only other powerful blower I have used was a redmax ebz7150 and even that doesn't compare to the 770. I still get hot even though its cool out and the AC on my back feels awesome. I'm going to be loving that come august.

Did a solo cleanup friday that took 2 hours. I couldn't imagine having used my pb403, the 770 literally cut my time in half. I cranked up the 403 ab 30 minutes ago to let it run and it feels like a little toy. It will still be great for employee use for the standard lawn cuts. Only I will be using the 770 though :D

9. Andre's Lawn Care

Andre's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Well I've been using my 770 nonstop the past week. Even on sundays I'll go out and use it on my own property. The only other powerful blower I have used was a redmax ebz7150 and even that doesn't compare to the 770. I still get hot even though its cool out and the AC on my back feels awesome. I'm going to be loving that come august.

Did a solo cleanup friday that took 2 hours. I couldn't imagine having used my pb403, the 770 literally cut my time in half. I cranked up the 403 ab 30 minutes ago to let it run and it feels like a little toy. It will still be great for employee use for the standard lawn cuts. Only I will be using the 770 though

i can completely relate

10. Southern Pride

from Memphis

Yes sir. Can't imagine a blower to top this. Of course they will come up with something but at that point it will blow the whole yard by itself and fix you dinner.