Echo pb-770t review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by peahlybros., Aug 31, 2010.

1. Fritz0

Fritz0 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

2. Fritz0

Fritz0 LawnSite Member

If you don't have a dealer nearby,( wisesales.com)has this model on sale for $469.99. If you live outside Illinois, no tax.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. DavidNJ

DavidNJ LawnSite Senior Member

That's easy. The 770 has a new blower design; it isn't just the engine. Now take a slick 80cc 4-cycle with a pentroof combustion chamber OHC and the 770 or even better blower design.

4. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

boo 4 cycle

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Going to answer my own question. Broke down and bought the PB-770T last week. Paid $450 for it before tax with contractor discount of 10% :) I own the PB-755T that is currently out of commission with a busted recoil return spring [topic for another thread] but the starting ease of this blower is every bit as easy as my 755T which has always been the easiest Echo 2-stoke to start. So no worries on starting in cold weather etc. It's the same engine as on my 755 from what I can tell.

The PB-255 Echo handheld I have is the hardest Echo I own to start kinda of a PITA. Tubes from the 755 do swap out with the 255 which is handy.

Since I had hernia surgery last week of October I've been on light duty and really have not used the 770 much but the volume of airflow is the most noticeable functional difference I can notice up front. It's noticeably lighter than the 755 and more comfortable to wear.

The twist tubes on the new 770 are NOT compatible with the 755 FWIW.

6. Exact Rototilling

QUOTE=Fritz0;3783331]If you don't have a dealer nearby,( wisesales.com)has this model on sale for $469.99. If you live outside Illinois, no tax.
    Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]

I think Wisesales charges for shipping Insurance but shipping is free? Or it was in the past. I beat the shipped wise sale price.
    :cool2:

7. CarolinaCut&Clean

CarolinaCut&Clean LawnSite Member

Is there some kind of break-in period on the 770? Did a bunch of research on this new model and finally pulled the trigger and went out and bought one. Tried it out on the lawn(NC, heavy leaf season right now) and can't say that it is as phenomenal as all of the reviews. I am currently running a Redmax7001 that is about three years old and the Echo doesn't seem to have the extra power that it boasts. Not to say that I am disappointed in the power, but for the extra $70 over the Redmax, I was expecting a little more.

8. Andre's Lawn Care

Andre's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Clean cut

I also have a similar redmax blower, and i think there is a big diferece between the two in power. I dont recall any break in period with the machine. Maybe check it out with your dealer.

9. Exact Rototilling

Been using mine for blowing snow off cars and to tidy up walks vs using a shovel .... no regrets on buying this blower overall. The throttle is prone to sticking in freezing weather just like my older 755 so it needs to warm up in cab of truck between stops. I'd gve it a near perfect score if it didn't require warming up in the cab.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Throttle stick.....positive pull to actuated the carb? You mean it wont' return to idle? Soak cable in anti-freeze.