echo pb2100e

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snow, Jun 20, 2000.

1. snow

snow Guest

my echo pb2100e has been a little slow to start up lately, so i took out a sparkplug wrench and took off the spark plug(which came with the machine). the plug was in good condition so i proceeded to put the plug back in. after 4 times of forcing in i noticed that the plug was stripping where it's supposed to go. does anyone know if the factory put the wrong plug in it because it seems to big. comments???<p><br>Bryan<p>----------<br><br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.snowplow.web.com&quot;&gt;The Snowplow Homepage&lt;/a&gt;

2. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Whats up Bryan? You bought it new, if I understand correctly, right? I dought echo put the wrong plug in. If its the original like you said, I've see the treads corrode and &quot;weld&quot; or bond together. That could be the case. Or.......hate to blame you, but could it be possible you crossed the treads when you tried to put it back in? The block is soft so it could happen pretty easy. Well, either way, your local repair shop/dealer should have a tap to &quot;clean up&quot; those treads. And please, nobody give me any BS posts back about the metal flakes getting in the cylinder. I know Briggs and probobly others make a tap just for this purpose. It feeds the scraps out backwards. Well Let me know how you make out Bryan. Hope this helps! (just for kicks though, call your echo dealer and they should be able to tell you what plug should be in it and make sure)<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

3. Hello Snow:<p>It sounds to me like it tried to start crooked & the threads are cross threaded.<p>If it's the plug that was in it when it was running it, is the right plug. I think the plug should be a NGK BM6A, that's what goes in most all Echo equipment.<p>I would find someone with a tap or threader & let them tap out the hole. Make good & sure they know what they are doing. Might try going to dealer that you bought the blower from!<p>If it gets messed up, you could very easily have to buy another Cylinder for it. Price guessing maybe $60 min. for cylinder & a easy $40 to $60 labor, Cyl Gasket $3.00, Spark plug $3.95.<p>BTW if they try to tap or rethread the hole & they do not have the unit upside down, where the hole is aimed straight down, it's proof that they do not know what they are doing.<p>Because if one tiny bit of that loose thread or metal, stays in unit & then cranked it will most likely ruin the Cylinder, piston & rings. At the least. Could cause engine to sieze also. <p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I say give the plug to Bdemir. He can make use of it. :)