Echo PB400E

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnscapeMN, Nov 4, 2005.

1. LawnscapeMN

LawnscapeMN LawnSite Member

Bought a couple of these used a couple weeks ago, havent put any gas in them yet except for what came with them. I was wondering if anyone knew the gas mix ratio? I have to go to a job in the morning and need to fill er up. Thanks for the info.

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I use the four ounce bottles of echo oil (1 bottle per gallon). Wal-Mart also carries poulan brand I will use in a pinch but it smokes worse. I think (not sure, will have to check) the ratio is either 32:1 or 16:1, pretty sure its 32:1. It is easier though just to buy the 4 ounce bottles and not worry about getting it right. They are around a dollar per bottle at me dealer. Also have found the the echo brand seems to run better in my equipment.

3. LawnscapeMN

LawnscapeMN LawnSite Member

Ok thanks alot for the info.

4. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

50:1. any less and you'll be making clouds of blue smoke all day.

5. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

I have 3 of these machines, the ratio is 50:1

6. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

ditto they dont like a strong mix and i have found that cheap oil isnt good for it either use the right mix and good oil it will be a good machine to you

7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I stand corrected, it is 50:1 after going to check. Been so long since I had to figure it after just buying the 4 ounce bottles had forgot.

8. jimmbo407

jimmbo407 LawnSite Member

why not use synthetic oil? The mix doesn't matter than. Same gas gan for all 2 strock motors.