echo PB400E

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by RedWolf, Aug 28, 2006.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

Hey guys.I need some help.I have a echo PB400e backpack blower and what it keeps doing is it will cut out then only run on choke.It has a Walbro carb and the only numbers i could find are {WA 55B then 812} It has two lines.One that comes from the fuel tank then on the pump side of the carb a line the hooks to the motor block.Thanks for any help you guys can shoot my way.The thing is hard to start and is killing me.
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Should have three gas lines coming out of the tank. One goes to the breather, one to the pump prime, and the other to carb. Try checking fuel filter first. How old is the unit?
  3. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

It has a vented cap.I would not know.I got it from a friend the does street sweeping for the state of florida and his guys stoped using it because of this.the one he still has has only two lines.He didnt want to junk it so he gave it to me.He owed me 20 bucks for some work i did and i know the blower is worth more than that.
  4. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

The cap is Vented on this unit also check the fuel filter as already stated depending on the age of the unit may need new lines and a carb kit and good clean out of the carb, also do a compression test make sure over 100psi and that they have been running an air filter on this unit and it has not been ingesting dirt. While you are working on it make sure the exhaust is free of carbon build up and the screen if still installed is clear.
  5. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

it has a new fuel lines,fuel filter,air filter,plug,I did compression test to make sure over 100psi and it was 130,the exhaust is free of carbon build up and the screen was removed by me.I always pull them out.The only thing i have not done was rebuild the carb.Would you guys have the part number for the kit i need?
  6. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Walbro K20-WAT. I had a similar problem this spring.