Echo PB603 for oak leaf clean up?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MarkSk1, Apr 14, 2003.

1. MarkSk1

MarkSk1 LawnSite Member

Will the Echp PB603 do a GOOD job for oak leaf clean up?

2. I have a 45 ft. oak in my backyard and the 603 does good on the leaves but the acorns are a different story :dizzy:

Steve :cool:

3. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah it'll handle that with ease. I just finished a 8 hour cleanup that had 5 truckloads of maple and oak leaves. I'm actually thinking in purchasing another one because it would help me greatly.

4. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

5. owman

owman LawnSite Member
    from so. Il

Have you tried the new Redmax 7001? It's more powerful than the 7000 (if you can believe that!) I have used one this spring. VERY POWERFUL, I was able to even pull gumballs out of the uncut grass and send them sailing. Also pulled some new grass out by the roots. Kind of have to watch that. Should do good on oaks and acorns, I had no problem with large sycamore leaves.

6. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

get a pb 650 will make your job easier

7. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Jeff....get a PB-650...unbelievable power!1

8. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Is there any major differences in performance between the pb602 and 603 beside the throttle controls and (roll cage)?
    Both $399 and but not sure which one to buy, I like the throttle seperate from the blower tube., but is there power difference or anything I should know about?

9. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Precision.....

the PB-602 and 603 are the same as far as power and performance go.

The PB-650 is the next step up and is absolutely unbelievable.....test one at your local dealer if you can....you won't believe it!