Echo PB650 vs Red Max 7001

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Apr 23, 2003.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought the Echo PB650 last summer and have been somewhat disappointed with it. Yes, it does have a lot of power but the air seems to scatter when coming out thus reducing its significance. I used to have a StihlBR400 and that unit seemed to have blown debris from a longer distance and with much more ease than the PB650. Maybe there is something wrong with my unit but I was thinking of replacing the PB650 with the new Redmax 7001. That's where I need help. If you have used the PB650 and the 7001, which seems to be the better unit?

Thanks

2. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I forgot one other question,

What are the specs on the Redmax 7001?

ie. CFM in the housing
    CFM at the tube
    Air speed
    Noise level

3. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

joed,

There is something major wrong with your PB-650 because they are just unbelievable!!

I have tried a lot of blowers over the years (and demo'd the rest including the Redmax 7001) and nothing compares to my PB-650 blowers. Not only do they have great power but they are relatively quiet compared to the rest which is big for me when doing residential properties.

Have your PB-650 checked out....you'll be glad that you did!

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

joed,

Don't base your decision from the biased opinion above. He is an echo dealer/rep, so don't disqualify the redmax from what is printed above.

5. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

redmax, redmax, redmax and oh yeah redmax

6. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Jodi,

There must be a heck of a lot of "reps" on Lawnsite because there sure are a lot of people who have strong opinions!!

Just 'cause I have strong opinions regarding Echo and a few other brands that does not make me a dealer/rep!

Basically....MYOB!

7. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

I would have to agree there is something wrong with your 650.

I purchased a 650 last yr. & a 750 this Spring & they both outperform the Stihl 400/420's & Echo 600 series blowers we were using by a huge margin. The Stihl is a toy compared to the 650/750's.

The also outblow The Redmax by a narrow margin but the difference is minimal.

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

WHAT ULTIMATE LAWN SAID!!

And Try the Curved End That you Can Get For the End Of The Tube.

9. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not an Echo rep but, I have seen their stunning display at an open house. The 650 "blew" away everything there. There was every blower imaginable there and people were getting their personal equipment and were trying to go against it, perhaps they were thinking the Echo rep brought a detuned 7000 with him. The 650 is simply a monster.

10. Buba

Buba LawnSite Member
    from PA

Demo the Eb7001. Nothing compares to the wind and the weight. Iv't tried them all including Echo's 650 and 750. The redmax must be at least 2 lbs lighter and blew more wind at a dealers demo. You owe it to yourself to try one. Good luck.