Echo PB650 vs Shindaiwa Eb630

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Feb 1, 2002.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Could those of you who have or have used both of these backpack blowers compare them according to:
    ease of use
    fuel consumption
    blowing power/productivity.

Thank You
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I demo'd the echo 650. The plastic was real hard and not flexable. It just seemed really cheaply made to me. I chose the Redmax eb7000 over it.

Of your choices, go for the Shin!
  3. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

We use Redmax's for maintenance, and have a few Sthil's also... there the best in my opinion.
  4. wildbilly1113

wildbilly1113 LawnSite Member

Go with the echo. Plenty of power! 2 year commercial warranty.
  5. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

Whoever said the echo seemed stiff was right. When new the arm is not too flexible, but that only lasts a couple of weeks.

Without a doubt the echo is the most powerful backpack blower on the market. the echo blower tube is also shorter which makes it easier to walk and work in tight spots.

Buy the echo!
  6. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

the echo is def. stiff, but the power it has is sick. I love our redmaxs and they have been very reliable for us. Using the echo backpack is like have a little wonder on your back. We have had ours for about 7 months now with now problems whatsoever. Our dealer built one of the testing tubes made of pvc to show how hard they blow. It made me a believer, so we bought four of them, all my guys love them..
  7. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

The echo works for me. I would love to compare both side by side.
    I don't know the specs on the redmax but would like to compare.
  8. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply. Here is the data you requested about the Red Max Blower. I have included other blowers too. The data comes straight from the manufactorers.

Blower CFM(housing) CFM(pipe) Speed(MPH)
    Redmax EB7000 730 585 204
    Shindaiwa EB630 613 201
    Stihl BR400/420 672 476 180
    Echo PB630 1100 535 190
    Echo PB650 1200 650 210
  9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

You can disconnect the bottom tube on the Shin if it's too long!

I've had the Shindaiwa for a couple of months and really like it, plenty of power but loves the gas.
  10. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

Looks as though echo has them all beat as far as performance. The echo is a little heavy until you get it adjusted on your back after a couple minutes you want even notice its on your back. I like the throttle on the left, in a large pile of leaves I just open it up and leave it there until I need less power.