Echo PB755- the most powerful backpack blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tb8100, May 26, 2008.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

I saw on Echo's website that the PB755 puts out over 1200CFM at the housing. At the tube, it's putting out less than the Husky/Redmax/Stihl/Shindaiwa competitive models. Has anyone ever tried different tubes on the 755 to get the volume up at the tube?

2. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

which brand are you trying to sell??

3. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Why Echo of course:) The gutless wonder

4. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Nope I just use the factory tube. It moves enough air for my needs.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That is the best statement I have seen on blowers........enough air for needs:clapping:

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep the 755's are plenty for me, no real need to mess around with other tubes. As much as people wanna blab about there 8001's, I can get 2 755's for the price of one 8001 and parts same day compared to up to a week with redmin. The choice is clear in my area.

7. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm happy with the 755. :weightlifter:

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

when numbers are so close, you cant really tell a difference. the 755 is more blower than you need sometimes, and it is never not enough. you can blow river rock around, hell grass is nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

My PB-755 has enough power for me as well...
    I may try to use a smaller tube for fun though...

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The presumption on Echo's 1200 CFM tube volume for comparative purposes is that they measure air volume the same way that everybody else does. There is no testing standard across the industry so any speed or air volume numbers are pretty much useless.

Start it, put it on, hit the throttle and see of you like it. If you like it buy it. There's your standard.