1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo PB755t losing power at full throttle

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by CTmower, Apr 11, 2013.

1. CTmower

CTmower LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

My Echo backpack blower started to slowly lose overall power. Now at full throttle it still blows but it only feels like its at half or 3/4 power. I tried spraying Seafoam into the intake and it seems to do its cleaning then get the RPM's way up there for about 10 seconds then it just declines back to its troublesome ways.
    Blower is about 4 years old. Just changed the spark plug last year, banged out/cleaned out the air filter. Also checked the spark arrestor and the was crystal clear, no buildup at all. I've never winterized my 2 stroke machines, pretty much how I leave them after my last job of the year is how I pick them up at the beginning of the next season.
    Would it be cheaper for me to just buy a new carb or is there a simple fix??
    I was thinking about buying a new spark plug, air filter, and gas filter to see if that helps at all. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

There is a plug on the side of your carb. Takes a special tool to pull out. Behind that plug is your carb adjustment. Probably needs to be adjusted. plug is right above where fuel lines go into carb. Also check your fuel lines are'nt collapsing from the inside out.
  3. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

I would also venture into a fuel line or primer bulb leak
  4. stevo7896

stevo7896 LawnSite Member

Just purchased the Echo755 the other day, and the echo rep was there for the big sale going on. He told me to make sure, I don't run low speed for too long ,because you can get carbon build up in the exhaust /precat system,. Might want to look that over. He told me I should do a high speed run after running low speed for a while . Its all the lovely emission pieces their adding.
  5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

replace the air filter-not just clean it-it might be clogged and cant tell
  6. CTmower

from CT

Just bought a new gas filter and air filter. Will install tomorrow and give it one more dousing of Seafoam. Hopefully she works if not I'll have to bring her in for a new carb or carb adjustment I think.
  7. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Did you take the muffler off and check for build up in the cylinder behind it?
  8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

D. All of the above.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    ericg likes this.
  9. CTmower

from CT

Yes took exhaust off and there was no build up behind it. Spark arrestor was also clean n clear.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

There is a very very small chance that this needs a new carb so go figure out how to adjust the carb before you replace any parts. It needs more gas so adjust ccw.