Echo pe-200 problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Shawn's Lawn, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Shawn's Lawn

Shawn's Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Hello, I have an echo pe-200 edger.. I bough tit used so I do not know ny facts on it.

Problem: when it gets hot it does not want to restart until an hour later when it is cooled down.

Ive read on here it may be the coil but I want to know where to start on replacing parts.

thanks shawn

2. heybruck34

heybruck34 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a PE-200 for about a month and it was a dog. It took forever to start and it didn't have the power. I took it back to the dealer and they rebuilt the carburetor and it seemed to run better. Sorry I can't help you with your specific problem.

Traded mine in for a Stihl 85 and love it. Took a 15% hit and it was worth every cent.

3. NCSERVICE

NCSERVICE LawnSite Member

I would check the compression while its cold, and then again while its hot, if they are close or the same its your coil.

4. Shawn's Lawn

from Texas

How would I check for compression? ive always wanted to know how to do this....

thanks shawn

5. NCSERVICE

NCSERVICE LawnSite Member

you can get a good compression gauge from sears. You screw the gauge into the spark plug hole, hold the throttle wide open and pull the unit over around 5 times. it will tell you the compression. normally you do not want to see a 2 stroke with less than a 100psi

6. Shawn's Lawn

from Texas

great thanks for everyones help...