1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ECHO PE-3100

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Sep 23, 2000.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, how's it goin'???i was just on what your opinions were about the ECHO PE-3100...powerful enough??? I love stick edgers so i want one powerful enough so i won't need a walkbehind edger. If not the 3100 then what is even better??? thanx z lot!!!
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Vibe Ray, If your going to get a stick edger, you're still going to want a push edger. If you're buying ONE edger, don't short yourself. Stick egders just don't have adequate power to do initial edgings with heavier turf.
  3. dhicks

dhicks Member

I have used a stickedger on all of my properties with great success. Were there times that I could have used a push edger? Yes! However, if money is the main concern go with the stickedger.

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I have a Little Wonder push edger and (2) Shindaiwa LE-260 stick edgers. Use the push edger for the heavy or first time stuff. Then do upkeep with the stick edger. If you don't want to buy a push edger, maybe rent one. Then use the stick to maintain the edges.
  5. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have a 3100, you'll need a wheeled edger as often as the Pittsburgh Steelers win a football game.

That thing's a hog.

I'd still recommend using a 2600 and having some back-up 4hp McClane.
  6. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Lazer,forgive me but I don't watch much football. How often do the steelers win?? What do u mean that the Echo PE-3100 is a hog???
  7. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

It's the most powerful stick edger from the most populer 2-cycle manufacturer.

It the PE3100 doesn't get it done, no stick edger will.