ECHO pole articulating hedge trimmers..your opinion?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Jan 9, 2005.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Did a search here and there are a number of favorable comments on the Shindaiwa pole articulating hedge trimmers but since I already own the ECHO split shaft I dont want to buy another engine.
    Been looking at the ECHO articulating hedge shears with the pole extension and was wondering if these are worth the money ($270) versus just going with the non articulating shears on the pole extension. Obviously the articulating model will save some ladder time but I dont often have any monster hedges to shear but I;m sure theres one or two in my future.

Any opinions on the ECHO model or the articulating/pole extension theory are appreciated.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i have both the dedicated pole sheere and the split boom sheeres they both articulate and i love them worth the extra bucks
  3. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I have the pole echo hedge trimmer and i really like it alot but there are a few times that the articulating one would have come in handy. I guess its just a matter of how much you want to spend. :waving:
  4. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

yep...I should know by now that whenever I;m on the fence about buying bigger, faster, more hp, etc, that I should go in that direction. Rarely have I bought too much machine but I have bought too little machine on a few occasions....
  5. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

I have both the Echo and Stihl 4-mix split shaft machines. The 4-mix has plenty of power, but it's very heavy. The Echo is light and very reliable. If you need the extra horse power, go with the Stihl. If you are looking for something with extra reach without the added weight go Echo. Finally, my Echo is the 2600 series and the Stihl is the Kombi 110.....

Send me mail if want more information.......