echo power pruner leaking bar oil

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kmeforou, Jan 17, 2004.

1. kmeforou

kmeforou LawnSite Member

When I stand this unit upright when storing and the tank is full, I will lose approximately one third of the oil. The unit is still under warranty and I have taken it to my dealer and they and Echo's rep could not find anything wrong with it. The lid is secure. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone elses have a unit that is stored in this manner and not have this problem. I would appreciate any imput you can give me. Thank you.

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My pruner attachment for my Stihl FS85 also leaks bar oil. I just store it empty as possible or I wrap a plastic trash bag around it.

3. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I personally have had problems with everything ECHO makes, it seems like it lasts for one season and then its off to the equipment graveyard for them

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

My Echo power prunner also leaks oil. No big deal for me.

Gene

5. kmeforou

kmeforou LawnSite Member

Thanks for your responses.

6. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Mine hasn't given me any problems.

7. SHOW ME STATE RIDER

SHOW ME STATE RIDER LawnSite Member
    from MO

8. kmeforou

kmeforou LawnSite Member

I just sent a message to Echo and asked them why this is happening. I am glad to know that this is not always a common occurance.

9. stevensjo

stevensjo LawnSite Member

We purchased an Echo Power Pruner PPSR-2433 and it leaks the oil out or the oiler. I have emailed the company to see if there is a special way to store the unit to cure the problem

It works great otherwise.

10. wolfman

wolfman LawnSite Member

kmeforou,

I have found on mine (the Echo PPT 2400 model) that if you get all of saw dust out with a screw driver it will quit - I guess it acts like a siphon when you leave all that saw dust packed in and around the oiler? Works for me

I also tie 2 grocery bags around it just in case I didn't get all of the saw dust off!