Echo Prices

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JMiller08, Jun 8, 2008.

1. JMiller08

JMiller08 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys im just starting this year and have a question on some prices of equipment. I am in need of a blower and edger. I recently purchased a echo srm 210 trimmer and am realy impressed in its strength and performance. So my question is how much will a commercial backpack echo blower run and an echo stick edger also commercial grade? Also what do you guys think of the Echo brand? I am trying to stay with echo and have all my equipment the same due to our dealer eing so close and there good support. Thanks for reading.
  2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Very Very happy with the echo brand. Currently have 2 SRM 210's, 1 SRM 265T, 1 SRM 260 PAS with hedge clippers, edger, trimmer, pole pruner and brush cutter attachments, PB 655 and 755. Have not had any issues what so ever. Even ran straight gas through the 655 and it still works great. The PAS and 265 are pretty bad ass brush cutters. Rarely do I say a piece of equipment scares me but that saw blade is damn powerful. Can't comment much on prices but you should be confident with your purchases.

3. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Echo prices:

PE-200 (low end commercial) $200
    PE-230-(mid grade commercial) $275
    PE-265-(High End Commercial) $375

PB-265 (low end commercial) $275
    PB-413 (lower end commercial) $299
    PB-620 (heavy duty) $300

These are the prices I can remember off the top of my head. Do yourself a favor, buy your equipment from a dealer, not Home Depot. The dealer's prices are actually cheaper since HD raised their prices, and the dealer fixes what they sell. If you want service from HD, your unit goes in a box and is gone for at least a month.
  4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I paid $399 for my PB-620 two days ago....
  5. capnsac

capnsac LawnSite Senior Member

All I can say is you get what you pay for with this brand. It will take its knocks and will keep on going. Throw some gator line onto that new trimmer and you'll be like a 16 year old with a hole in his pocket. Need I say more...??
  6. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

That was a bad.
  7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

A good friend of mine started up his mowing business this year too. He is also buying Echo. You might try Craigslist or Ebay. He bought a PB 655 blower for about $200 which is about 1/2 price. He also found a PE 230 edger for a little under $ cost is about $250 - $300.
    Good luck!
  8. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an SRM-230 trimmer as my primary. My backup trimmer is an SRM-210 that was used commercially for 8 years and I purchased it from the guy for $30.00. I actually used it for two more years before deciding I wanted a bit more power. The SRM-210 still runs strong. The SRM-230 is perfect IMO. For the price, I dont think I will ever buy anything else.
    I also have a PB-610 blower. Its got tons of power and starts second pull every time. I will always stay with Echo.
  9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

If a linetrimmer was under 400.00 I dont want it, nearly everything is about 500.00

other than that it's Junk and wont last long.....

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with ECHO ...Great equipment at a fair price and very reliable.