1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo Pro Attachment Series?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tcls83, Feb 13, 2006.

1. tcls83

tcls83 LawnSite Member

I was thinking about getting one of these. I don't know how to correctly describe it but it is a 2 stroke motor with the pole like a trimmer, but you can change the attachments. It has edger, trimmer, power broom, hedge trimmer, etc. attachments you can change with by releasing a pin. They seem of interest to me because you can save so much storage space and it seems like you can save money on buying equipment. I was thinking I could use the power broom attachment for sand cleanup, then just change over to the edger for edging, then have a trimmer and hedge trimmer attachment to use an extra (spare) piece of equipment.

My question is does anyone run these? What are the downsides compared to buying each tool separately? Is the motor powerful enough for all of these tasks?
  2. gavinslawncare

gavinslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i own 3 of these they are wrth every penny
  3. samk

samk LawnSite Member

If your talking about the echo pb 260 its a nice little piece. I have the broom and edger attachement getting the articulating trimmer for it next week. Dont have the trimmer attachent.
  4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

PAS-260 and yes they are worth their weight in gold. I have the following attachments: String trimmer, articulating hedge clipper, edger, tiller, power pruner. Great investment IMO.
  5. samk

samk LawnSite Member

sorry I did mean pas pb is the handheld blower.
  6. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

For everyday use, changing the attachments can get to be a pain. Trim, change the attachment to edge, next place edge, change the attachment to trim . . . It can get tedious 18 to 20 times per day in the heat of summer.

But for a back up to your trimmer and edger it's great, and the additional attachments are great for the occasional misc. work. I have the cultivator, articulating hedge trimmer, and the pole saw attachment. I have Stihl's system with the 4-mix head.
  7. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I've used the attachment system since 1997 when I bought the SRM2100SB with string trimmer and edger. Since then I've purchased the PowerPruner and Hedge Clipper attachments, the PAS 260 in 2005 and the articulating hedge clipper just this week. The system works well for me as an owner-operator with no employees. I mostly us the attachments other than the string trimmer but did use the trimmer with the 2100SB power unit more last fall when I needed a lightweight trimmer due to my chemotherapy treatments.
  8. TripleTsLawnCare

TripleTsLawnCare LawnSite Member

We bought the 230 model a year ago because we had a edger quit on us and needed on right away. The shop we were buying from were out of edgers at the time. So we bought the power unit with the edger attachment.
  9. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I've got two of the PAS-260 power heads, two string trimmers and the edger attachment. We use the string trimmers all the time and when I need to clean up the edges somewhere, I just swap out the attachment. Works great. I want to get the articulated hedge trimmer this year.

The Captain
  10. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the pas260 with the articulating trimmer and a power pruner chainsaw attachment. I would not recoment it for everyday use changing back and forth b/w edger and trimmer, i think that would waste a lot of time. But for something like hedge trimmer and chainsaw i think the unit is great. It doesnt take too much time to change but like others have said, doing it many times throughout the day i think that you will with you had two individual units. I think if you got it and used it for edger/hedge trimmer/etc and got a seperate line trimmer, that would be the best option.