Echo pro attachment series?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by APV's Mowing, Jun 27, 2007.

1. APV's Mowing

APV's Mowing LawnSite Member

ok im thinking about getting a new string trimmer and i have an echo blower and am very happy with it, i am looking into an echo trimmer and was wondering if anybody uses, or have used the echo pro attachment series and if they work that well, and what the pro's and con's are?

2. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I've got two PAS-260 systems. I love em. One is about 4 yrs old (no trouble at all) and my newest is about a year now. Run both trimmers weekly in a cemetery as welll as the regular accounts. We edge probably a mile of pavement a week. Use the broom to sweep the rocks back onto the driveways at the cemetery and light snow removal in winter.

I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a PAS 260 as well. It is used for running an edger as well as hedge clippers and see some use using a rapid loader with .135 line for cutting down brushy areas. You can't go wrong with this unit.

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Can't go Wrong with Echo!!

5. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

me too, its a little heavy but has great power for thick weeds and/or brush

6. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

3 pas 260's trimmer heads, brush cuter heads x 2, power sweep, stick edger, new faNCY HEADGE CLIPPERS and next purchase is cut off saw and pole saw also have 3 echo blowers 2 back packs 751 i think and 260 hand held.

7. grassgirl4

grassgirl4 LawnSite Member

I use all Echo handhelds, as well, and love 'em!! I, too, have the PAS 260. I only had the edger attachment (which I love!!) until this spring, when I bought the articulating hedge clipper...haven't used it yet but will soon, as my own shrubs need sprucing up!! :rolleyes: I like the flexibility of the PAS for tasks that don't necessarily require a dedicated unit (e.g. edging, pruning, etc.). For trimming, though, I have two units solely for that purpose...

I think you will be quite pleased with the PAS (and anything Echo, for that matter!!).

My next Echo purchase will likely be a chain saw and/or pole saw...any opinions on those??

8. happy

happy LawnSite Member

I have a power sweeper attachment and a edger attachment. Probably about 5 yrs old. would sell the power sweep bristle attachment for 100 and the edger for 25. or buy both for 100. Sweeper works good, and the edger needs a blade, and a retainer nut, I think it is. If anyone is interested just pm me.

9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

How much do the Pas 260's run?

10. APV's Mowing

APV's Mowing LawnSite Member

thanx for all of the info guys, i have a ryobi that we just had in my garage...first year, but i was looking into something that had the same attachment system/but was commercial, what about the redmax ones? are those any better or worse, just looking at my options, and i second that how much do they run?