ECHO Pro Attachments Series

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ol'time Lawncare, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I use all echo stuff and was thinking about buying the PAS-260 power source. with that i want the power pruners,hedge clippers and the articulating hedge clippers... has any one used this stuff? is it good enough for commercial use?

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

I have the PAS-260 w/the pole pruner, articulating hedge trimmer, and line trimmer (which I put a brush blade on). For the money this is one of my best investments. I am buying the cultivator and edger attachments for it this year and am considering purchasing another PAS-260 power head. If you buy the articulating hedge trimmer attchment I don't think you need to spend the money on the regular hedge trimmer attchment. The power pruner will make you more $ than you realize.
  3. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

The Echo PAS-260 is excellent!

We purchased one for the broom and the power pruner and it worked out so well that we bought a second one!
  4. Woodland

Woodland LawnSite Member
    from Maine

any thoughts on the difference between the 230 and the 260? Looks like the 260 has a slighty more powerful engine. My local supplier quoted me a price on the 230 with string trimmer attachment at a little over $300 and said it would run all of the attachments without trouble.

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

For a few extra bucks get the 260, it's worth it, I know the 230 will power all the attchments but if you plan on getting the power pruner you need as much power as you can get. If not planning on getting the power pruner I would change my plans if I were you, that has been the best investment I have made so far. It's one of those tools that once you get it you don't know how you ever got by without it.
  6. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an Echo PAS-260 w/ the pole pruner, edger, bristle broom, articulated hedge trimmer and the string trimmer attachments. All these attachments work well and the 260 has plenty of power to run them. I am very happy with the PAS-260 and highly recommend it!!! I priced other brands of split-boom trimmers/attachments and the Echo was the least expensive commercial duty unit.
  7. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I have nearly every attachment (PAS-260) and use all of them, use them hard too. They will stand up. I am 100% sold on Echo equipment it is all I use and it has never let me down.