Echo Pro Attatchment Series

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fatboy5803, Feb 5, 2003.

1. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been looking at these power source's, and the different attachments you can change out. Does anyone use this piece of equip ?? Any in-fo please .... Thanks

Lou

2. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

In four years I have had two of these units, started with a 24cc unit and moved up to the 26cc unit.. you should ask why?, well bigger is better isn't it? besides my buddy really wanted me to sell him the 24cc unit (string trimmer, power broom and hedge trimmer attachments). I never had a problem with the system other than it took a while to get use to attaching split shaft but once I got the hang of it it is a real piece of cake. power head always started, three pulls max cold, one pull warm.
    My new power head (26cc) is just as reliable, I don't know if it is any stronger but it sure sounds like it is. Have had one problem with the 26, I popped a drive cable (it has a lifetime gurantee so a trip back to the dealer resolved that issue) optional attachments are string trimmer, power broom & articulating hedge trimmer. You wont go wrong with a new Echo.
    Bob R

3. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I will second that. I also use the stick edger. No problems with the unit in two years of full time use. I would buy another in a second and likely will soon.

4. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

The Echo split shaft units are awesome! All of the attachements that I have tried so far work extremely well.

Great products at reasonable prices!

5. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Yup, I have the extended hedge trimmer, cultivator and chainsaw attachments..... all work great.....especially the mini cultivator
    Pete

6. fatboy5803

Thanks for the feed backon the Echo. Anybody ever use the Stihl split shaft?? Thanks for the feed back... ;)

Lou

7. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

been using the echo split shafts for 2 years...would buy them again in a minute...very cost effective way to have more quality tools...as mentioned, they can be a little tricky to get the internal drive shaft(dont know what else to call it) lined up when you change tools....but a minor issue

8. fatboy5803

Hey people, thanks for all the feed back on information on the Pro Attachment Series unit.. Went and got the PAS-260, with the trimmer and hedge clipper. I have a big clean up job to start in the morning. I'll let ya know how the Pro Series worked out for me.....

Lou :blob2:

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I have an Echo SRM2400SB split boom with an extended hedge trimmer (non pivoting/adjustable). I like it fine, always starts quick (1st or 2nd pull if it's 32 degrees or above.) haven't got to use it much as i got it at the end of the season but it is nice. I got it used, it was a good deal and I want to get an edger for it.
    Eric

10. fatboy5803

Thanks for the reply ! The Edger will be the next attachment I will get before the season begins, just around the corner for us in
    Florida. I'm looking forward to the morning to try this thing out..
    Thanks again,,,,,,

Lou