Echo Prothatch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Apr 6, 2001.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Looking for oppinions on the Echo Prothatch detathatcher unit. Tried a search, nothing helpful.
    Was thinking about getting the split shaft fo 3 or 4 attachments. Just wondering about that Prothatch. Thanks.

2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one but haven't used it yet. I thought it would be good on the smaller and tighter areas that I can't get at with my 60" JRCO. I was going to buy it but my dealer just gave it to me. He was going to send it back because nobody was interested in buying one, so he just gave it to me. I guess for free I can't go wrong, even if it doesn't work very well. I should be able to try it out this week. Not alot of call for it but some areas it may help out.

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Bringing back an old post:

Hey Randy, get to try out that Prothatch yet? How 'bout a review?
    Thanks.

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

It really works quite well for small areas along landscape beds or areas that are real tough that the JRCO can't get down to. I'm glad I have it and the way it works best is to pull it towards you and let the weight of it work down into the thatch. It really pulls up the dead grass and thatch nicely. I would recommend it.