Echo Pruner

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jud149, Nov 23, 2006.

1. jud149

jud149 LawnSite Member

My prunner is running very rough and wants to die, especially under full throtle. The fuel bulb has a very small leak in it as gas will spray out under pressure when priming. While I'm obviously going to replace it, I was wondering if this small hole is enough to create the problem I'm having. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

It will not help your issue, so yes replace it a.s.a.p and also inspect the main fuel lines for cracks and if it has not been replaced already get a new fuel filter this should help with the run condition.

3. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Anti spark screen in muffler could be carboned up or exhaust port in jug partially carbon obstructed. Check air filter, fuel filter and plug.

4. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

yes. it can cause your problem. it sucks air through the hole when running.

5. jud149

jud149 LawnSite Member

You know, that is what I thought, but these other guys say no. One thing's for sure, though, and that is I'll soon find out when I replace it. Thanks for all the input.

6. xdamxincx

xdamxincx LawnSite Member

i have a cpl weedeaters with broken bulbs and they still run fine..
    your problem is most likely carbon build up in the exhaust side ..

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Same here I just checked a couple of pieces of equipment and they had bulbs broke...we never use them.

8. jud149

jud149 LawnSite Member

Well, the problem is solved, but upon further review, there were two possible causes. The first is the bulb issue. The second is that one of the fuel lines was just a hair loose and actually was causing the very slight spray of fuel just under the bulb when depressing the bulb. As it stands, I replaced the bulb and repositioned the fuel line and all is well. Thanks for the input.

9. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

It's like this on a cracked fuel bulb or line. Drink your favorite soft drink or mixed drink through a straw. Then about half way down put a small hole in the straw and try it. You still can pull your drink through the straw but you still look for a new one. It really depends on the size of the hole. But it is always best to just get a new straw. Did I just confuse myself? Anyway glad it's running now!

10. jud149

jud149 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input. I figured that slight hole had something to do with it. If pressure pushes fuel out when priming with the bulb, to me it only makes sense that suction will draw air in when the engine is running.