Echo question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tim's Lawn Care LLC., Sep 25, 2007.

1. Tim's Lawn Care LLC.

Tim's Lawn Care LLC. LawnSite Member

Echo sr210i hot and cold start question
    Why, after spring tune-up...new plug/air and fuel filter and fresh fuel, 1/2 way thru the season is it so friken hard to start this trimmer. I do get it goin after 20+pulls and a zillion differant choke settings. It's 3 seasons old. Anyone? Thanxxxx, Mowhead

2. BanksPower

BanksPower LawnSite Member

I run into that problem with a few of them too. The coil is always the culprit. I have changed the fuel/ air filter & spark plug. Just a thought! Echo has a life time warranty on on the coil. Not the labor!

Good luck,

Banks

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Take it to the dealer. The coil is more then likely the problem and does have a lifetime warranty like the above poster said!

4. Tim's Lawn Care LLC.

Tim's Lawn Care LLC. LawnSite Member

Thanx Joe and Banks. Mowhead

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Explain the process that you go through? Is there any difference in hot or cold starts? I see our workers sometimes pulling the cord like crazy....I drive over and grab the trimmer and almost every time it will start on the second or third pull.

6. steve5966

steve5966 LawnSite Member

Before you take it to the shop check these two things. Spark arrestor may be plugged, either remove it and clean it or you can discard it. Take off the muffler and check the exhaust port, you can get a large buildup in the port if your unit is not running cleanly. If it is blocked you can scrape it out, but be gentle.

7. BanksPower

BanksPower LawnSite Member

I have to agree! You will be suprised if you do that. I nevr get the time to do that and I'm sure that would save us money!